At Fairfields we are committed to working closely with parents and carers, who have a highly important role to play in their child’s education. Parents/carers are invited to form a partnership with the school, at whatever level they wish, and are encouraged to become involved in joint planning and evaluation. Fairfields aims to keep parents/carers fully informed of children’s programmes, activities and daily events.
We cannot achieve the best for each of our pupils without the active involvement and support of all our parents/carers. Daily contact is maintained via home/school books which go home with pupils every afternoon. Teachers will also telephone parents during the day or at the end of the day if concerns arise and so it is important that contact numbers are kept up to date.
We encourage the active involvement of parents/carers in a number of other ways, some of which include:
- The Annual Review Meetings which include the development and review of Individual Learning Plans
- Daily home/school contact through the home school books. This is a way of communication between home and school detailing what has been happening and how home and school may support each other
- Through telephone calls and home visits
- Through our home/school agreements
- At our Coffee Mornings for parents/carers
- By providing courses for parents/carers
- By helping in school for certain class based activities and accompanying us on offsite activities
- Joining us for our special occasions during the school year
We can’t thank you enough for being our rock. In the crazy fairground ride that is our daughter’s world, Fairfields has been our Cinderella castle in the middle – what are we going to do without you?
Family Support Worker
Our Family Support Worker is Janice Crane who is available to support and advise parents/carers. Janice also leads our termly Parent/Carer Group meetings. Parents/Carers can contact Janice via email or via 01604 714777 and she is happy to make home visits as necessary.
What support can we offer to our families?
- Regular coffee mornings to network with other parents
- Themed coffee mornings to inform/support around challenging areas
- Drop ins, as needed, to discuss any issues or concerns with our family support worker
- Information regarding entitlements to e.g. free nappies/pads, school meals, benefits and the ‘Family Fund’
- Support with form filling e.g. DLA
- Home visits
- Referrals to outside agencies
- Obtaining equipment from charities e.g. pushchairs, for families who do not qualify for these through the NHS
What additional services do we signpost families to?
- School staff with a particular specialism e.g. behaviour management, communication strategies
- Physiotherapy and Occupational Therapy service
- Community Paediatricians
- CTPLD (Community Team for People with Learning Disabilities) – gives parents access to relevant courses
- Community Law
- Sleep Right
- Local Offer
- School Nurse
- IASS - Information Advice Support Service
- MASH referral
- Other families within school
Workshops for Parents
We run workshops to ensure that parents/carers can work alongside us in developing the various skills of their child. We meet termly to have coffee and discuss topical issues and have visiting expert speakers who address the topics raised.
British Sign Language – We recently ran signing workshops to enable parents and carers to learn a wide range of basic signs. You can download images of these basic signs from the side bar of this page.
Services in Northamptonshire for children and young people with SEN: https://www.northamptonshire.gov.uk/localoffer
SEN Sessions by External Providers
http://www.sends4dad.org.uk/ A place for dads.
https://www.actionforchildren.org.uk/ Offer Saturday/holiday clubs.
https://www.riversidehub.com/sen The Hub SEN sessions on Friday nights.
https://www.leisurecentre.com/towcester-centre-for-leisure Swimming SEN sessions.
https://www.boosttrampolineparks.co.uk/sessions/boost-sensory-sessions Boost trampoline park SEN sessions.
https://thecubedisability.co.uk/ Offer dance and sport on Saturday mornings.
https://borntoperformdanceschool.co.uk/ Inclusive and accessible dance School at The Deco - afterschool/holidays.
https://www.ntga.co.uk/classes/special-needs/ Trampoline sessions at Beham sports arena.
Useful downloads for Parents