Are you an experienced or aspirational leader working in a specialist setting, ready for your next challenge?
Do you put the children at the heart of your practice?
Fairfields is looking for an inspiring and innovative leader to appoint to the position of Key Stage Leader for September 2021. This is an opportunity for an exceptional and creative person to support the new Senior Leadership Team to build upon our considerable successes and take us forward on the next phase of our school journey. We would like to appoint a leader who will share our passions, inspire learning and clearly fulfil every aspect of the ‘Ethical Standards for School Leadership’.
Fairfields is a primary special school taking children between the ages of 3 and 11 with severe or profound learning difficulties, communication and physical difficulties. We also cater for pupils on the autistic spectrum. Some children may also have multi-sensory impairment and complex medical needs. The school is situated in large well maintained grounds close to the centre of Northampton. Its catchment area covers Northampton and the South and West of the County.
Our children and staff want someone who:
- puts learning at the centre of their practice
- helps everyone grow and achieve
- is creative, with innovative ideas
- is fun, bringing enjoyment to every day
- makes sure everyone is safe
- is inclusive, ensuring everyone has what they need to learn together
In return we will give you:
- A welcoming working environment, built on supportive relationships
- Access to effective continuing professional development
- A dedicated staff team; who are keen to grow and develop
- Courageous children who love learning
- A motivated senior leadership team and Governing Body
- Excellent facilities, to provide different opportunities to learn
- Strong working relationships with multi professional services
Key Stage Department will be determined by the skill set of the successful candidate.
Fairfields is an extremely successful school with a great reputation, over many years. We would encourage potential candidates to visit our website. As the national lockdown restrictions are being eased, it may be possible to arrange a school tour, to organise this or to dicuss the role, please get in touch with our headteacher by contacting Lesley Elder on 01604 714777 or email
Application deadline: Monday 15th March 2012 at 12pm
Interview: Tuesday 23rd March 2021
Start date: September 2021
Salary: Main Scale, SEN Allowance and TLR 2