Are you ready for an adventure because Fairfields School has a great opportunity which could be perfect for you. Fairfields School is a community day special school for pupils aged 3 to 11 years. The school meets the needs of pupils who have severe or profound learning difficulties, with additional difficulties that may include physical difficulties, speech and language delay, sensory impairment and under developed social skills. Pupils may also have a diagnosis of an Autism Spectrum Disorder. All pupils at Fairfields try their best to achieve throughout the school day, every day! The children are happy and have a real love for learning.
Fairfields is a well established school with a great staff team who have worked energetically to design and implement a bespoke curriculum and assessment framework. All staff believe that children learn best when teaching is purposeful, meaningful and memorable. Staff work hard to provide an engaging environment with irresistible invitations to learn.
Fairfields are seeking to appoint a great practitioner who has:
- Successful experience of teaching children with a range of learning needs
- The highest of standards and expectations for all children
- A passion for a creative and personalised approach to learning
- A commitment to working as part of a team to secure the best outcomes for children
In response, Fairfields can offer successful candidates:
- A centre of excellence, judged to be “Outstanding”
- Safe and happy learners making outstanding progress
- A culture of partnership working
- An inclusive environment
- A motivated, talented and caring staff team
- A continually developing learning environment that promotes optimum learning
Fairfields school is committed to safeguarding the welfare of pupils and ensuring equality of opportunity for all pupils, staff, parents and carers; irrespective of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage & civil partnership, pregnancy & maternity, race, belief, sex or sexual orientation and expects staff to share that commitment. The post is subject to satisfactory references, enhanced DBS & health clearance.
As the national lockdown restrictions are being eased, it may be possible to arrange a school tour. To organise this or to dicuss the role, please get in touch with our headteacher by contacting Lesley Elder on 01604 714777 or email
Application deadline:Tuesday 16th March 2021, 12pm.
Interview: Thursday 25th March 2021
Start date: September 2021
Salary: Main Scale + SEN Allowance