Fairfields TSA offers a comprehensive programme across bi-annual prospectuses of training and development for all alliance schools.
Our courses are delivered by experienced practitioners across our alliance schools, associates and external consultants. We also offer courses and conferences in partnership with regional and national organisations with whom we have forged strategic partnerships.
In conjunction with other teaching schools across Northamptonshire, we also provide programmes related to career progression and leadership development.
Regular course information updates are sent out in the form of flyers, newsletters and via social media.
Prospectus January 2018 – July 2018
A downloadable PDF version is available here:
Visit our online booking platform to register for available courses: http://fairfieldstsa.eventbrite.com/
EXCLUSIVE & FREE courses for Alliance Schools
Ofsted Jungle Drums: 19th January 2018: Fairfields School
Effective Formative Assessment: 30th January 2018: Bridgewater Primary
Promoting Progress in Writing KS1: 22nd February: Earl Spencer Primary
Early Years TA Network Group: 26th January 2018: Kingsthorpe Grove Primary School
Chair of Governors Network Group: 23rd January 2018: The Beehive
Upcoming Universal CPD courses:
What is the point of Guided Reading: 19th January 2018: Holiday Inn Bedford Road
Sensory Circuits: 23rd February 2018: Delapre Golf Centre
Professional Development – Statutory Assessment Training for Y2 &Y6 Teachers 2017/2018
Aims of the sessions:
- To provide updates about the changes in statutory assessment at the end of KS1 and KS2 in 2018
- To develop subject knowledge and strategies for test preparation and teacher assessment judgements.
- To use the new Teacher Assessment Framework (TAF) to inform TA judgements.
- To provide an opportunity to develop good practice in evidence-based teacher assessment
The course is split into the following sessions:
Initial Preparation Day – £125.00 per delegate, including lunch
- Update sessions and practical moderation for maths, reading and writing (Key Stage 2 writing only)
Moderation Workshop – £65.00 per delegate, refreshments included
- Practical moderation for maths, reading & writing (Key Stage 2 writing only).
Delegates will need to bring their own copy of:
KS2 Question Level Analysis from your school’s ASP document please ask your head teacher to print off for you (Key Stage 2 only).
Examples of pupils’ work for writing, maths and reading (1 child x lower ability, 1 child x middle ability and 1 child x higher ability).
1. Teacher assessment frameworks for relevant key stage
2. Interim pre-key stage standards for relevant key stage
1. 2018 teacher assessment exemplification: English writing for relevant key stage
2. 2016 teacher assessment exemplification: mathematics – Key Stage 1 only
3. 2016 teacher assessment exemplification: English reading – Key Stage 1 only
Reporting and moderating TA
1. 2018 teacher assessment guidance for relevant key stage
2. Reporting teacher assessment data for relevant key stage
3. Assessing and reporting arrangements’ (ARA) for relevant key stage
The courses are jointly planned across the Teaching School Partnership and with NCC. Local authority moderators will be available for the moderation sessions.
All sessions will be held at Northampton Town Football Club, Sixfields:
KS1 Moderation Day: 1st February 2018: 1-3.30pm £65
KS1 Moderation Day: 7th February 2018: 1-3.30pm £65
KS2 Moderation Day: 6th February 2018: 1-4pm £65
KS2 Moderation Day: 7th February 2018: 1-4pm £65
Bookings are made online via eventbrite:
Career Development Pathway 2017-18:
The Teaching Schools Partnership encompasses nine teaching schools across Northamptonshire (Fairfields, Hatton TSA, SWAN TSA, Five Wells, Inspire, Pen Green, Maplefields, Brooke Western and NTCTSA). We have joined forces to offer a training pathway for career entrants to our Northamptonshire Schools.
Candidates will build a development portfolio as they work their way through the series of programmes; augmenting their portfolio with other CPD evidence from the wider teaching school offers.
- Primary NQT Programme
- Secondary NQT Programme
- Recently Qualified Teacher Programme
- Middle Leadership Programme
- Senior Leadership Programme
- Newly Appointed Headteacher Programme
Please visit http://tsp.education/ for more information and to register.