At Fairfields we are committed to working closely with parents and carers. Both have a highly important role to play in their child’s education. Parents/carers are invited to form a partnership with the school, at whatever level they wish, and are encouraged to become involved in joint planning and evaluation. Fairfields aims to keep parents/carers fully informed of children’s programmes, activities and daily events.
We cannot achieve the best for each of our pupils without the active involvement and support of all our parents/carers. Daily contact is maintained via home/school books which go home with pupils every afternoon. Teachers will also telephone parents during the day or at the end of the day if concerns arise and so it is important that contact numbers are kept up to date.
We encourage the active involvement of parents/carers in a number of other ways, some of which include:
- The Annual Review Meetings which include the development and review of Individual Learning Plans
- Daily home/school contact through the home school books. This is a way of communication between home and school detailing what has been happening and how home and school may support each other
- Through telephone calls and home visits
- Through our home/school agreements
- At our Coffee Mornings for parents/carers
- By providing courses for parents/carers
- By helping in school for certain class based activities and accompanying us on offsite activities
- Joining us for our special occasions during the school year
We can’t thank you enough for being our rock. In the crazy fairground ride that is our daughter’s world, Fairfields has been our Cinderella castle in the middle – what are we going to do without you?
Parent Support Worker
Our Senior Family Support Worker is Philippa Boyce who is available to support and advise parents/carers. In addition Janice Crane, assistant family support worker, offers support and advice. Janice leads our termly Parent/Carer Group meetings.
Workshops for Parents
We run workshops to ensure that parents/carers can work alongside us in developing the various skills of their child. We meet termly to have coffee and discuss topical issues and have visiting expert speakers who address the topics raised.
British Sign Language – We recently ran signing workshops to enable parents and carers to learn a wide range of basic signs.
Click on the links below to see some basic signs:
Parent Satisfaction Questionaire
Our latest survey was carried out in July 2016
Download the parent-carer-views-july-2016